Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday 9 July 2012

Monday, Monday...

Like The Mamas and The Papas said: "Monday, Monday, so good to me..."




While Monday usually signifies the beginning of yet another week slaving for the man, it is the one day a week that A and I can spend together without work interrupting us. Even next week when uni goes back, I have no classes on Monday.
Today A had an exam though, so we didn't get to spend it doing things together until after the exam, but that's okay.


We did, however, have time to have lunch together at Schnitz Hawthorn before A's exam, and dang it was tasty! I had something made up for me because I wanted to be able to estimate the calories going in my lunch (usually you order off the tasty, addictive menu). I had a wrap with mashed avocado, grated carrot, tomato, spinach, and Moroccan chicken (breast). Ohhhhh yummmmo! I'm practically salivating at 22:14 thinking about it - and I ate dinner two hours ago!
While A was sitting his exam, I went to Victoria Street to buy some fresh fruit and veges. I didn't get much in the way of fruit as I didn't go to the right grocer, but I got lots of fresh veges. Mmmmm yummy iron-rich veges. I'm not putting enough iron in my body (which really isn't good, considering that I am iron-deficient anaemic), and today I made a pledge that I would try to double my iron and Vitamin C intake in comparison to what I have been consuming. Hey presto, what I ate today worked!


In the evening, I went walking with the girlfriend I was meant to walk with yesterday (plans fell through as her plans earlier in the day were delayed). We walked about 3.6km in 30 mins - I was stoked! That means we were walking about 7.2km/h. Not bad considering I haven't done too much in the way of cardio for a VERY long time. I am super happy with myself. 


A cooked a scrumptious dinner while I was out walking - roast beef, with lots and lots of veges!


Meanwhile, I STILL haven't done my meal planning for the week! This is not good! Although I did buy some lup chong and some fish balls today in Victoria Street with the plan of having stir fry sometime this week. Guess I've got my work cut out for me tomorrow then!

0 comments:

Post a Comment