Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday 11 August 2012

That single moment...

Since uni has started back, it's been near impossible to blog as frequently as I would like. Today is the end of week four of uni, meaning I am already a third of the way through my second semester of my second year. Didn't it feel real when I was working to the wire to submit an assignment this evening!? Ugh, I haven't missed that feeling. But that will teach me for not checking due dates sooner. Still, it's in, and that's all that matters!

The last time I blogged was the 30th of July - today is 10th of August - 12 days since I blogged! Nothing much has happened in that time....except for the fact I can wear over half of my OLD wardrobe! It's really only happened in the last few days, but it is the single most incredible feeling I have had in such a long time. Not even a HD in a subject at uni compares to the euphoria I felt doing up my beautiful grey and blue tartan pea coat! In the last week and a half, I have managed to get into my benchmark dress - my gorgeous purple military dress from Dangerfield. I knew that once I was able to get back into that, I was making some serious progress.
Tonight we went out for dinner to see my girlfriend Sarah who was 30 in July and celebrated in Bali then did a quick whirlwind trip straight after to Morocco. I put on a dress that I bought to wear to dinner for mine and A's first anniversary. In April 2011, it looked nice. Tonight, some 16 months later, it fit me better than ever. In fact, I would even say in some places it was loose. I had to wear a cami underneath too because my cleavage has shrunk somewhat! Imagine my elation when I was able to do the pea coat up over that! I really struggled to believe it! I had only tried the pea coat on the week before and it didn't quite do up properly. It did up, but it wasn't nice. I did shed a little tear when I did get it done up tonight, it really amazed me and proved that I am capable of anything.

Tonight's dinner consisted of pizza and risotto - two very carb and calorie heavy dishes. I had two very tiny bits of the pizza, and about a third of my risotto. I was so full! We brought the risotto home for dinner tomorrow.
How's this though for awesome!? Even after dinner - where I felt I was bursting at the seams - THE JACKET STILL BUTTONED UP! We were halfway home and I cried again. I even said that I am proud of myself (this is something I don't say - ever). A is so proud of me too, he keeps telling me how proud he is of me, and that makes me cry more haha!

Food wise, it's been a really good balance I think since my last entry. It was A's birthday on the 5th, we had family dinner on the 7th, and I didn't eat ANY birthday cake or sweets! No, I lie. I had a Cookie Cream Commotion Choc Top ice cream when we went to see 'The Dark Knight Rises'. I've had some sugar free chocolate too - so tasty.
Last night, a girlfriend told me she decided not to get some chocolate because my weight loss inspired her to be good! That was such a freaking shock - I inspired someone!
If you want, have a look at my food diary on MyFitnessPal to see what I've been eating. There's no cheating either. Whatever passes my lips goes in that diary.

Last Saturday, I played tour guide to a girlfriend visiting from Townsville. We walked ALL. OVER. MELBOURNE. All over Melbourne. It was such a sunny day, and to show her our beautiful architecture and streets, I opted to walk. I haven't had much opportunity to exercise much since then, but I've managed a few little walks here and there.


Also, I'm SO excited to be extremely close to my first major goal of a 10kg loss! I did a little cheat tonight before getting ready just to see how I was going since Wednesday, and tonight, the scale needle moved UNDER THE 90KG MARK! This was so flipping awesome! I can't tell you the last time I was under 90kg! I'm not going to lie, it was something I didn't think I'd ever see again. When I weighed in on Wednesday, I weighed in at 90.5kg and had a loss of 500g which I was wrapped with as it was my first consecutive loss. Because I didn't record tonight's cheat weigh in, I'm still saying I have 2.5kg to lose by the 31st of August. When I was calculating last night how many days vs how many kilos, it equated to needing to lose 115g per day. Ideally, I'd like to be at 88kg by my birthday, which is 11 days from today, but if that doesn't happen, then I'm not going to be heartbroken!

It's time for bed - I hope you've enjoyed this read!

0 comments:

Post a Comment