Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday 13 October 2012

Losing Weight/Fat Fast

I am completely perplexed by this method of losing weight/fat fast. I understand that people want to lose weight - heck, I'm one of those people - but doing it quickly is not going to help in the long run.

I don't profess to being a weight loss expert, not one little bit. But, what I do know is that whenever you rush something, it always falls apart. As they say, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Now, what works for me might not work for you, and vice versa, but it's so disheartening to see so many things out there telling you how to lose weight fast.
If there's anything I've learned in the 14 or so years I've hated my body (look, it's probably about 15 years, but when you're 13 you're really only just discovering your body image), it's that losing weight quickly means but one thing: gaining it back just as quick, if not quicker.

One thing that always confused me was the television program, The Biggest Loser. I  understand that it's about educating people and informing their life choices, but let me put it to you this way: what happens when you are out of The Biggest Loser house and back in the real world, unable to work out for 16 hours a day (granted, 16 hours may be a bit of a stretch, but you get my drift), and have temptation all around? Not everyone can afford a personal trainer or a gym membership, and quite often don't like to exercise on their own. Heck, I know I much prefer it when A comes for a walk with me rather than going alone. Even when I go alone, I have to have my iPod with some tunes to motivate me pumping through my ears.

Out of curiosity, I googled Fiona Falkiner, who was the fourth-placed contestant on the first Australian series of The Biggest Loser. Fiona lost 29.5kg on the show, which I believe is a 10 week tele-series. 
Fiona is simply stunning. Beautiful curves, an amazing smile that would light up a room, and legs to die for. Fiona and I are similar in age, and come from the Geelong area. We have both struggled with our weight and self image our entire lives. Post-show and after a European trip, Fiona slipped back into some old habits and the weight crept back on. 
She now leads a happy, healthy, balanced life around Bondi, NSW.

Like me, Fiona is a normal girl just trying to be happy. At long last, we* both are. Although I am still on my weight loss journey, I have embraced my hourglass figure and am loving my body. I'm not 100% happy, but I'd say I'm at 85%.

I'm on a mission, yes, but I am not running a marathon before I can run to the end of my street. Take care of yourself, enjoy what you're doing.

Next blog post will have fashion bits, and maybe even a picture of me!




* when I say we, I am referring to various interview responses of Fiona's, and applying my reactions and feelings with those.





0 comments:

Post a Comment