Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday 2 September 2013

The third quarter: how did you fair?

Don't worry, it's not about AFL or any other sport. Appropriately titled though given AFL finals begins this week.

What I'm actually talking about is how you're fairing with any resolutions or goals you may have set yourself way back on 1 January 2013.
I hate making a list of resolutions. I have never really been fabulous at sticking to them. On 1 January 2013, I did write a list of things I want to achieve (see this post). If you're like me and don't always like clicking through posts, see here:



2013 - come at me



In this post here, I wrote about what I'd achieved so far 26 days into 2013. Here we are, on day 245/365, some 219 days later, and this is how my list stands:

  1. Be confident

    I'm not as confident as I was earlier in the year, that's for sure, but I'm not going down without a fight! Onward and upward!

  2. Learn new make up techniques

    I've definitely learned a thing or two after attending a vintage make-over/photo shoot in June, as well as playing along with the Fox in Flats Style Dares. Check out my Instagram feed for my take on the Style Dares from March - June.

    9 June 2013: Before and after
    Photos courtesy of Brook Orchard Photography
    Hair and Make Up by The Lindy Charm School for Girls


  3. Take risks

    I've taken some big risks this year, both personally and in my small biz.
    Let's just hope these big risks will pay off later down the track.
    There was also the fun risks, like mentioned above with the FIFSDs!

  4. Love myself enough

    I reckon that seeing as I've gained 3kg, I've loved myself a little too much but also that I'm being too harsh on myself given the circumstances surrounding my weight gain. Working on this one.

  5. Learn Spanish

    ¡Hola chicos y chicas! Hablo un poco español porque asisto clases lenguas español en mi universidad.

    I do not speak fluent Spanish. I barely speak enough Spanish to get through my classes. I have no idea if this is correct or not. As this post goes live, I'm actually taking deferred Spanish assessments because of my ill health from May - August.

  6. Make new friends

    Friendships are circumstantial. I'm learning that slowly.
    I lost my job because of a clash with uni this semester, so the contact isn't really there with those friends.
    There are people in this world whom I am forever grateful to. You support me through the good times and bad, and for that, I thank you and look forward to our future!

  7. Do well at uni

    Must say, rather pleased with my efforts last semester.
    If only they followed through to this semester.....

  8. Be the best lover to my partner

    Only one person can be the judge of that, but I'd like to think I am doing a good job.

  9. Start jogging again

    Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances with my back, jogging is on the back burner. It was there on the front burner in May before I hurt myself, so this is a good thing! At least I know that when the weather warms up and my strength returns, I'll be able to hopefully get back into it.

  10. Build my business

    Little Goldfish Invitations & Stationery has a website now, and I'm slowly getting more content to it. I won't be doing any more markets in 2013 for a few reasons, but once the weather continues doing what it has been here in Melbourne (sunshiny, glorious, beautiful), I'll be able to get out and take some hopefully nice photos of my wares to sell on my site.

  11. Wear a bikini

    Wish I hadn't have lost my mojo earlier in the year. We'll put this one on the list for summer 2014/2015.

  12. Be a better friend, daughter, and granddaughter

    Again, I can't answer this, but I'd like to think I've improved. I mentioned earlier that friendship is relative to proximity, and I think this also plays a big part in my not-s0-great ways, but I do try.

Now it's time I take heed of my own words, and love myself enough to get through this next phase of my weight loss journey!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep going with them Hollie.. I think you're doing a fantastic job.. Just love the photo.. :)

Hollie said...

Thanks Yvonne. I should really share the other two! Maybe later on.

Post a Comment